I’m proud to announce sixth release of Cross-platform image keywording software v1.0-beta6! Xpiks more and more looks like a real robust application. This release contains a lot of new features and some fixes from beta.5. You can find binaries at Downloads page.
In this release I implemented encryption of sensitive data (upload usernames and passwords) with tinyAES. Another quite useful feature was “Test connection” button, which I added to “Upload dialog” and you can now test whether connection credentials are correct.
List of all changes:
- Xpiks now supports secure passwords saving using master password or the default one
- Upload dialog now has “Test connection” button so you can check where credentials are correct
- Logs view now loads only last 100 lines of logs (and can load all on demand)
- Big internal refactoring of logging
- Settings window is now redesigned
- Upload timeout parameter for one file is now accessible through Settings
- Tests projects introduced and encryption and other tests added
- Fix for typo when description replaced image keywords on loading #68
- Fix for replacing metadata in “Save and Append” button in combined edit #62
- Fixes issue with non-latin characters in Description field #72